The Advocate's Guide provides a comprehensive overview of the MI Health Link (MHL) program. The guide is designed to assist advocates and others to understand and navigate MHL, including specific information on enrollment/disenrollment, continuity of care, and appeals and grievances.
The Guide will be continually updated, and the most up-to-date version will always be posted on this website. If you are using a printed copy of the Guide, it may be outdated. Please check this site to confirm that you are using the most recent version. Each page of the Guide has a version number at the top, and there is also a log of revisions at the beginning of the Guide that identifies what changes have been made.
If you have any feedback on the Guide, please let us know! You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, suggestions, requests, or if you notice any errors in the Guide.
- Version 1.7 (January 2017): Revised health plan sections with up-to-date materials for 2017. More material will be added as updates are made available.
- Version 1.6 (December 2016): Added info on deeming, residential settings, and info from new Three-Way Contract, including new hospice rules and timelines for contacting new members
- Version 1.5 (May 2016): Added info on: home delivered meals, the MI Choice waiting list & MHL, upcoming passive enrollment & “disenrolling/opting out”
- Version 1.4 (March 2016): Added link to MHL section of Medicaid Provider Manual, added information on reassessments, added details on nursing home Patient Pay Amount and continuity of care
- Version 1.3 (January 2016): Revised health plan sections with up-to-date materials for 2016, added info on Medicaid redeterminations to Enrollment section
- Version 1.2 (November 2015): Added provider/pharmacy search links for each health plan, added Ombudsman contact information, added additional plan info for PIHPs
- Version 1.1 (September 2015): Formatting updates, small changes and revisions to Appeals and Grievances section